Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fear, Suffering, Emotional Basket Case

I am at a loss about fear. I suffer all too often from fear. I write a particularly strong, emotional piece about the inner muse and some views of religion and all the sudden I am reluctant to post. What the hell is wrong with me? I don't want to hide behind the decades-long stance of not offending people and/or possibly bringing their criticism down on me.

We appear to allow ourselves a sick, voluntary coercion, a self-limiting critic that does not allow us to go out of bounds and possibly get something wrong. We hunker down in our pathetic facades of safety by not rocking the boat or questioning everything from our religion to our own personal drive to succeed in life and be happy.

Many of us remain miserable our whole lives and die pathetic deaths, all in the name of anonymity or at best, someone who toed the line. That is screwed up folks. I question everything this day, and in many eyes, this makes my public enemy number one.

I believe I will trek back more and more to this blog and blow off steam. I did just post the 'fear-filled' piece I just wrote. We'll see how it comes out. I may even post back here to let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment